Know the Terms
Annual base salary means regular pay for primary work assignment excluding supplemental pay such as bonuses, overtime, etc.
A beneficiary is the person you designate to receive your benefits. You must elect a beneficiary to receive your life and AD&D benefits. Go online to PeopleSoft (MyParkland) to name your beneficiary.
Evidence of insurability (EOI) is a statement of health that insurance companies may require before insurance will be effective. If you are required to provide EOI, the insurer must approve your enrollment before your coverage is effective. An EOI form will be mailed to your home if needed. See below for when EOI is required.
- As a new hire: If you elect coverage over 3 times your annual base salary for you (up to $500,000) or more than $50,000 for your spouse.
- During Open Enrollment if you want to:
- Enroll for more than 3 times coverage or $500,000
- Increase your coverage by more than 1 times annual base salary
- Increase your spouse’s life coverage